Thursday, May 29, 2014

Falling in Love with Women's Chorale

It's no secret, I LOVE to sing with men.  Singing mixed is my absolute favorite formation!  There's nothing that (no pun intended) resonates more with me than having a tenor on one side and a bass on the other.  *happy sigh* 

HOWEVER....

Singing is singing is singing, and I can't deny that I am absolutely IN LOVE with the pieces we're singing in Illumna right now!  I dug out my old choir CD's and have been listening to the pieces we sang in University Singers, and man, Dr. Nance and Dr. Holloway sure knew how to pick the right pieces.  (minus Holloway's "Explosion", God rest his soul)  There is so much depth of sound that can come from an all-female choir! 

Please stay tuned!  I'm going to see if I can find some recordings and/or You Tube versions of some of my favorite pieces to share with you.

See you all next week, same time, same place! 

St. Luke's Lutheran Church
515 S 312th St Room 101
Federal Way WA

7:30pm - 9pm. 

Come, SING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Sing!